Monday, December 19, 2016

First Birthday


I'm not sure how it's possible, but we have a 1 year old.
My beautiful baby boy is a whole year old. He is full of joy and is so sweet and loving.
The kisses, the snuggles, the waves... he is such a blessing to us. 


It's hard to remember what life was like before having Grayson. I still find myself having the thought 'how is it possible that I have a child?' We made a person. A sweet little adorable person.
This whole parenting thing has been so much different than I ever imagined. And as much as I have learned about parenting, I think I've learned even more about myself. 

The phrase 'the days are long but the years are short' has never felt more true. There are days that I just don't want to be an adult...I want to sleep in, take a long hot shower and lay on the couch watching movies...but there are also days that I feel like I can't catch the special, sweet moments quickly enough as they are passing by. I debate between trying to capture the moments on camera, or just being in the moment and experiencing Grayson and who he is.

It feels surreal that this boy is ours.

We are thankful for the special day we celebrated his life and all that this past year held for us.
Our boy has turned into a fussy, non sleeping little boy who kind of made us question everything, and now he is a kind, loving little boy who sleeps through the night, gives the sloppiest open mouth kisses, says "ma" and "dada", he waves at everyone, snuggles us, claps and smiles so big with excitement about the smallest things. He is amazing! He is so special! We love him so much! 

Here's to year 2 with him... may we learn how to love more passionately, be more patient, embrace every moment, be present at all times.






Sincerely, Loo





No comments:

Post a Comment